Even though summer is winding down, it seems like it is getting hotter outside. Or that could be my wildly vivid imagination or the symptoms of a certified heat stroke. Either way staying cool, keeping your energy up, having light refreshing snacks, and drinking plenty of water are definitely on the agenda for beating the heat.
This simple snack is definitely on the top of my list. And who doesn't want a colorful crudité platter with a fresh dip, while relaxing on the veranda or by the pool with a Pellegrino and a lemon slice?
1/2 c. cottage cheese
1 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. mayo
2 green onions, chopped
1 t. lemon zest
1/4 t. garlic powder
salt and pepper
- Peel, seed, and chop cucumber into manageable pieces.
- Add cottage cheese, Worcestershire sauce, and mayo to processor blending until light and smooth. Add cucumber, green onion, and lemon zest. Pulse until chopped and smooth.
- Season to taste with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve with favorite vegetables, crackers, and even pretzels.
- Other herbs can be added for additional taste and freshness.
- Green onions make a nice garnish or can even be stirred in for added texture.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to three days.