There is just something about it... Summertime and salads, they just go hand in hand. Maybe it is all the fresh farmer's market veggies or the fact that everyone is still worried about how their bikini looks, but either way this pasta salad is light enough on the waistline, and heavy enough for your meat and potatoes man. Regardless, this pasta salad is a real winner and shows up frequently on my patio table. Enjoy!
Italian Pasta Salad
6 oz. dry rotini noodles
1/2 yellow bell pepper, juilenned
1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup chopped red onion
3 oz. hard salami, chopped
1 oz. arugula
3 oz. mozzarella balls
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 t. minced garlic
salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Once the water is boiling, stir in the rotini, and return to a boil. Cook the pasta, stirring occasionally, until the pasta is al dente, about 12 minutes. Rinse in a colander with cold water and drain well.
- Meanwhile the pasta is cooking, combine the bell pepper, tomatoes, onion, salami, and mozzarella balls in a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and garlic. Season, to taste.
- Once pasta is cooled, add to bowl with veggies and pour vinaigrette over top and toss to combine.
- Cover and chill, at least 2 hours. Before serving add arugula and toss once more.