After three years, two advanced pastry classes, many tears, and my mom's guidance, I have finally found the perfect recipe. I use a box devil's food cake mix (according to package directions) and add a homemade raspberry buttercream. Simple, easy, and completely chic. Decorate and enjoy!
Red Raspberry Buttercream
2 sticks of unsalted butter, at room temperature
3 cups powdered sugar
3 tsp. clear vanilla
1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Place butter in a mixing bowl fitted with paddle attachment and cream until smooth.
- Add sugar, one cup at a time and mix until smooth and combined.
- Add vanilla and raspberry jam and mix.
- If icing is too thick, add heavy cream until it reaches desired consistency.
- Can be made with any jam or even preserves.